Apple’s instant messaging app, iMessage allows sending and receiving text, sound, videos, images, and more on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. It is a powerful and popular application that has undergone several upgrades to engage users since its launch. One of the most recent changes is the ability to play games.
The problem is that iMessage does not work on Android smartphones. However, Android users are keen on finding ways to play iMessage games on their phone. In this guide, we try to find out how you can do this easily without having to buy an Apple phone.
Why doesn’t iMessage Work On Android?
Apple always tries to remain unique, offering its own apps and tools and using a special charger rather than the normal micro-USB. Similarly, it allows running some apps like iMessage only on its devices. Android users can use regular SMS and MMS messages and apps like WhatsApp for text, video, and voice messages.
iMessage works much like regular messaging apps, and comes with its own built-in end-to-end encryption. You can sync your Apple devices to send and receive messages on iMessage across your Macbook, iPad, and iPhone. iMessage is one of the ways Apple tries to attract its users with something exclusive. All the messages are encrypted using Apple’s security system which means only an Apple device can decrypt and access them.
Can You Play iMessage Games On Android?
Apple devices give exclusive access to iMessage app and you cannot run it on Android devices. The company uses a strict security protocol to encrypt the text from the device it is sent to the device it is received on. The end-to-end encryption system means the app can only be accessed by devices capable of decrypting the messages.
However, there are several ways introduced by developers to allow Android users to enjoy iMessage features. While it is technically impossible for iMessage to be run outside Apple devices, you can use some hacks to play iMessage games on your Android using third-party apps.
How To Play iMessage Games On Android?
iMessage is not officially available for Android devices. However, you can find a number of app developers and device makers have come up with solutions. Two of the most commonly used apps are AirMessage and weMessage. Both these apps work similarly and have some basic requirements.
They require an Android device running Android 6.0 or newer and a Mac computer that runs macOS 10.10 or newer. These apps use your Mac as a server to make iMessage available on Android after which you can use all the features including games.
Setting Up weMessage On Android
The weMessage app enables you to enjoy all the features of iMessage on your Android device. You can access features like group chats, attachments, content blocking, notifications, and play video games. Let us try to understand how you can download the app on your device and set it up.
- The first step is to install the Java kit on your Mac computer to get terminal rights for the server. To do this, go to Applications – Utilities and launch the Terminal app. Select the Java option. See that you download the newest Java version.
- The next step involves downloading weMessage. Once you have downloaded the server, you can open the zip file to get a box that asks you to run – Command. Allow the option to launch the server.
- In the next step, you are asked to provide your email where you can create a new password and not use the same password as your iMessage.
- Now, you can download the weMessage app from the Google Play Store on your device. Install and launch it, click on Allow when it asks for permission to access your messages. You can now start playing iMessage games on your Android.
Setting Up AirMessage On Android
An alternative method to using weMessage to play iMessage games on Android, AirMessage is quite easy to set up. Let us see the steps involved.
- Firstly, install the server from AirMessage on your Mac computer. Once installed, move the file to the Applications folder.
- When you open the server application, you see a welcome message and get the option to change the password. You can follow the instructions on the screen to allow the app to send and receive messages on the device.
- Tweak some settings so that the device can connect to the phone through Wi-Fi and messages can be forwarded continuously.
- Next, download and install the AirMessage application on the device.
- Launch the app and enter the address and password for the server.
- You can now send messages from the Android device and also play games.
When you use such a third-party app to send messages, you are actually sending them through your Apple computer. The Mac then sends the messages to your Android device using the app. It means you are not technically using iMessage on the Android phone but routing through the computer.
An Alternative Way To Play iMessage Games On Android
Another way to use iMessage on your Android is Piemessage. This app works much like weServer and gets you all the content related to iMessage on your Android. Let us see how you can use this app.
- The first step is to look for the Piemessage app on Github and download the file. Once downloaded, you can launch the messaging app on your iPhone from the menu.
- Go to Messages – Preferences – Accounts to add your iCloud account.
- Next, copy the app files on your device by cloning from the Github page. Then, you need to replace the socketAddress value with the IP address of the device.
- Once this is done, move the folder messages. Applescript to the home folder.
- The final step is to open PieMessage in the Android Studio as a project. You can then compile an apk and install it on an Android device.
Once you get PieMessage, you can play iMessage games on your Android device. Some of the games you can download include StickyMonster, Cobi Hoops, Four in a Row, Mr. Putt, Checkmate! And more.
You can follow these steps to play iMessage games on your Android phone and enjoy the features of the app without having to buy Apple gadgets.
Once you are successful at getting the iMessage app on your device, you can install games and start playing. You can also send messages to your friends when playing the game. You can play entire games while chatting in between turns.
You can even play multiple games and talk to your friends right from the comfort of your Android smartphone.